Wednesday 26 April 2017

Another TAWAKUL Story



Because I believe in God I therefore believe in Miracles and in His blessings. Because I believe in Him, I do believe in his eternal bounty and in His Mercy. Because I believe in Him, I trust His words and His promises. There comes moments in our lives when certain events "hit" us and keep us in great wonder ... and you ask yourself; what just happened? Is this real? Then you realize that Yes it is real because you put your trust between the hands of The AL Mighty the Creator of All things and He who knows and sees and hears All things. Today, I can humbly say that God sent me a sign. And I will tell you more about it later tonight because I'd like for you and me to strongly believe that acts of kindness are always rewarded , sooner or later ... and sometimes it happens right away; SubhanAllah.




True story:

Those who know me well and know my passions and my struggles will know that I have no reason to `` beautify `` a reality. In other words, they will and I pray that you too will, believe me.

There are days when everything seems to be as dark as the deepest sea and every time I try to think of a way out, it just looks ``impossible`` or I don`t understand why certain things are happening and why do I have to deal with certain battles in my life. (just like all of us). And then, ``out of the blue`` something happens, a new door opens, a stranger comes into your life and helps you out, an angel perhaps? Or maybe this is the result of a good action that we did in the past or not too long ago? Or perhaps it`s thanks to the duaa (prayers and supplications) of our parents, grandparents and our loves ones? Regardless of all this, it`s all with the blessings and plans which God has chosen for us.



In the pas days, weeks and up to yesterday, every time I faced a hardship, I was greeted but with a smile and a solution popped out of nowhere. Just to name a FEW examples:

Like in the weekend when I forgot my phone and metro card at home. Once inside the bus, I realized that I didn`t even have coins to pay. I look at the driver and say: `` Good morning sir, i`m sorry I forgot my phone and tickets and card at home, my mom (who`s with me) will pay for both of us.`` He smiles, he blocked the machine with his hand and didn`t let us pay. He said: ``Please Madame, because you`ve been honest with me and told the truth, I really want to pay for you this time. I kindly refused and said: ``We have the money right here we can pay, thank you``. He insisted, we thanked him for his act of kindness and that made our day.

Or like the day I went to a coffee shop and after I placed my order, the cashier said: `` That`s OK madame, someone already paid for you.`` and I kept searching trying to find WHO did it so I can thank him or her.  

Or In the middle of an important battle with all the stress and pain that comes with it, I had no other solution but to give up to my ``fate`` and simply get ready and be prepared to ``fight`` and to be mentally prepared to lose and to survive. Winning this battle in particular seemed impossible. And again, out of the blue, I don`t know what happened exactly until this day, but everything stopped and therefore, the battle too stopped.

Yesterday evening, I was talking with my family about the conditions and procedures of paying my Zakat (Zakat Al Maal) which is (alms-giving) that I must pay for this year. I wanted my mom`s opinion on where should my zakat go this year? We both agreed that I should send it back home for a specific young lady and her family. Converting the money from Canadian Dollar to Egyptian pound, it`s quite an important amount, and I was so happy AlHamdolellah (All praise to God) that this could really change the life of an entire family (InshaAllah – with the Will of God). So after we agreed on everything and I said `` Tawakal 3ala Allah`` ( I put my trust and reliance in Allah), I heard many beeps on my phone, one after the other. (notifications that i`m receiving e-mails).

I ran to my laptop saying to myself, there must be a mistake. Who`s sending me alllllll these emails??? I just had received 12 new emails from work! I thought to myself: This IS a VIRUS. This has never happened ever since I worked with this agency. So I call the secretary and ask him: what`s going on? Is this real or it`s a virus? He laughs and says: No no Nermine this is not a virus, you`ve been chosen the best interpreter of the year (giggles). Then he explains that I have indeed received TWELVE new demands (twelve individual contracts) for Interpretation!!!  He explained that I will be receiving 5 more!

I was in awe!

Do you know what`s even more beautiful and surprising? When I added up all the new Interpretation demands I just received, I swear by He who created the Moon and the Sun and that was very much equal to the Zakat that I was discussing with my family less than 5 minutes ago!!! So the amount that i just gave up for the sake of God to help another, came back to me less than 5 minutes later. SubhanAllah.

 I share this long introduction and story (among many others) with you, because I want you too, to put ALL your TRUST (Tawakul) in God. Trust Him with everything, anywhere and at all times. Acts of kindness, helping the other and believing  in His words and promises  will always pay back.

Give Zakat no matter what is your situation. Don`t you ever think that you will get poorer by giving. Don’t  think of tomorrow which is not here yet.

I pray for you and me, that we always find refuge in Him. That we always find someone around us to lift us up and to serve as a ``Reminder`` that the Mercy of God is GREAT and ETERNAL.

Walk in Peace,



Nermine.

14 comments:

  1. Alhumdullah Allah works in mysterious ways, thanks for sharing your personal story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wassalam my dear sister,

      I appreciate your comment and it's always a pleasure to share stories which can inspire others inshaAllah :)

      Walk in peace,
      Nermine

      Delete
  2. Maa Shaa Allah Nermine. May Allah bless you more abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allahoma Amine. And may Allah bless you too my sister and open the doors of Rizq to you and your loved ones.

      Walk in peace,
      Nermine

      Delete
  3. Masha'Allah, JazakAllah khair for sharing this and reminding us to put her trust in Him for everything. Sometimes we can forget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Muslim Mummy,

      You are indeed very right, we often tend to forget and sometimes, in times of weakness or pain, we don't always see "clear". This is why, I always ask from Allah swt to send our way people who can always serve us as an inspiration and reminders. Amine.

      Walk in peace,

      Nermine

      Delete
  4. Subhanallah! Hearing your story is such a good reminder of putting out trust in His plan for He is the best of planners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tania,

      Yes Indeed, God is the best of planners, He knows, sees and hears all things :) We need to trust him more inshAllah. And we need to always remember, that i God is looking after each bird and each ant on this planet, isn't he going to look after us? His people? His servants? :)

      Walk in peace,

      Nermine

      Delete
  5. JazakiAllahu khair for sharing. this was so beautiful, deep, and thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wassalam Chroma,

      Thank you dear for your kind words and for taking the time to read. May God bless you.

      Walk in peace,
      Nermine

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this reminder. It's so true and I need to have more tawakkul...I also believe in the power of Dua'a too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Afra,

      Yes! Duaa is very very powerful subhanAllah! :) And Tawakkul is something that we need to know more about and teach our kids to always do tawakul, even in the smallest and simpliest daily acts :)

      Walk in peace,
      Nermine

      Delete
  7. Ohh this is really touching Flora :) That's exactly how I wrote it ... from the heart and in the midst of all my emotions. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    Walk in peace,
    Nermine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please share more Ms Nermine
    I believe in Allah Miracles, yes I do
    I was once homeless, broke and soooo sick that I thought I might die.
    But all in a sudden changed, I'm having my dream home, my 4 kids are between my arms, Allah also blessed me with a very good job.
    I don't know what exactly happened but I remember having a few sum of money and I gave them to a young girl aged about 20 years for her surgery ( to have a sort of artificial leg )

    ReplyDelete